The perfect energetic fuel to start your day. Get the kids to help you to as an introduction to cooking, the recipe involves mixing fun ingredients and flipping food, something all kids will enjoy.
This recipe can make up to 12 pancakes. In my house that’s two per person.
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- Put 100g plain flour, 2 large eggs, 300ml milk, 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- Serve with fruit, yoghurt, honey, jam, or any of your favourite toppings