The only choice of meal on Friday’s! This home made recipe is a Skippy favourite, and is so easy to make you wish you would have started making it sooner. The instructions below serves 6.
- 6-8 Potatoes, washed and cut into wedges of any size
- 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 100g White or Wholemeal Breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 Egg beaten
- 6 Frozen Fillets of skinless Haddock or Cod
- A vegetable side of your choice (Mushy Peas goes well)
- A pinch of ground Black Pepper
- Pop the cut Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer and add the tablespoon of Vegetable Oil. Toss the chips around in the Air Fryer to coat them in the oil. Don’t switch on the Air Fryer just yet, just let the Potatoes and Oil rest.
- Sprinkle the Breadcrumbs onto a large plate and season them with Black Pepper. Dip each Fillet into the beaten Egg to act as a glue, and then coat the Fish in the Breadcrumbs, placing on a baking Baking Tray ready to go in the oven.
- Turn the Oven on to 200 degrees Celsius / Gas Mark 6.
- Switch the Air Fryer on at 200 degrees for 20 minutes and start cooking the Potatoes.
- Drizzle any remaining Egg onto the fish and sprinkle any remaining Breadcrumbs on the fish.
- Get them straight in the Oven and leave them to cook for just under 20 minutes. The Wedges and Fish should be ready at the same, so once the Air Fryer is finished switch off the Oven too.
- With 6-7 minutes left prepare and cook the vegetable side following the instructions on the pack or tin.
- Enjoy homemade fish and chips!